- 1836 began life as a preaching station for the Thornliebank Secession Church
- 1847 this denomination joined with the United Presbyterian Church of Scotland
- 1855 church built on site in a simple neo gothic style
- 1900 this denomination became part of the United Free Church
- 1929 merged with the established church
- 1977 merged with Woodlands Church of Scotland to form Thornliebank Parish Church
History of Thornliebank
Thornliebank started life as a quiet village nestling amid the peaceful solitudes of green pastures and wooded slopes on the banks of the Auldhouse burn. The inhabitants of the village worked for the Crum family in their Printworks which produced cotton spinning, power loom weaving and calico printing until 1930 when the works closed.
From 1881 Thornliebank had a railway station and train link to Busby. There was also a branch line at Kennishead with lines linking to Kilmarnock and Glasgow.